1. Where do we park?
For loading/unloading, (both areas marked with a star) you can park in “Parking Lot F” and then it would be preferable if you moved your car to Parking Lot G or the street parking on Burbank or Hatteras. You can also load in near registration. We would like to reserve the closer spots for those that may be visiting the event and need to be closer to the entrance.
2. Are there some double doors to access the field from Parking Lot F?
It’s a fence that has a wide opening. From the past we have never had anything too large to fit through, and we’ve had bounce houses, tents, etc.
3. Where are the bathrooms?
On the map above, you can see that they are right outside of the field where we will hold the event, next to the smaller parking lot.
4. Is there a secure room for counting money?
Yes, there will be a secure location for counting money.
5. Since the event is from noon to 10pm, when is the best time to load in/out?
The field will be accessible from 5pm-10pm on Friday, then 8am on Saturday.
6. Can we invite people to register for the event online ahead of time so they don’t have to do it the day of? Yes, have them register at relayforlife.org/ratgvca.
7. What is the lighting situation, once the sun goes down?
We have lights! Don't fret :)
8. Since this isn’t a proper “track,” how will things be set up?
We will make the track with how we arrange the booths, cones and possibly chalk spray. This will be finalized by the event lead, staff partner and location support closer to the event date.
9. How many tents/canopies, tables and chairs is LAVC/Monarch camps able to provide?
Be prepared to provide your own tents, tables, and chairs. Let us know if you do not have access to something you need.
10. My team will need a double wide space. Are we able to have that?
Yes! As we get closer we will ask each team what their needs are and accommodate as best we can. With how large the field is, there should be no problem giving everyone the space they need.
11. Will there be security?
12. Will there be a Survivor/Caregiver tent for gathering and snacks?
Yes! We will have the Survivor/Caregiver team organize this.
14. Will there be a stage for opening/closing ceremonies along with entertainment?
Yes! We have a whole line up of entertainment and a DJ for between acts.
15. Will there be a Luminaria decoration booth?
Yes. The Luminaria team would be in charge of setting that up.
16. Will there be a sound system?
17. Will there be generators for electricity for some of the booths and lighting?
Yes! We have outlets (denoted in red dots on the map) and one generator. Try to limit the amount of things that you bring that need power please as we do not want to overload the system.
18. Position for the “HOPE” letters to help draw people in?
19. What kinds of activities will there be for kids?
Tons! Inflatable obstacle course, gaga pit, slime-making, water balloon toss, legos and more!
20. What activities will there be for adults to enjoy?
Live music, a Zumba fitness class, and more!
Copyright © 2021 Relay for Life Across the Greater Valley - All Rights Reserved.